Wednesday, December 04, 2002

I saw Joan tonight. Long dark hair. Jeans and a sweatshirt. Sitting in the bar of a mexican restaurant. It had to be her. Why didn't you tell me you were in town mate? Man it's so weird to think that I've never met a person that has impacted me so much and sown so much into my life. I love you Joan. You're in my prayers, and I know that if I don't see you on this earth that I'll see you in eternity...and we'll both look a heck of a lot better then. We might as well just wait. ha.

Ok so if this isn't a cool God story then i don't know what is. So Rose talked to me last night after encounter band practice. She told me that the night before she had been talking to one of her friends from Teen Mania that had just gotten married. She had never met or talked to this girls husband so he jumped on MSN as well and they chatted a bit. She said it was so weird cause she had never met this guy and didn't know him from Joe on the street but he almost immediately just began speaking things into her life. And after awhile he asked, "What's on December 13th?". She said she scrolled up through the conversation to see if she had mentioned Encounter and she hadn't...she hadn't even told her friend about it. She said she kinda lead him on and said "Why?". And he said, "Because God just told me He's going to do something big on that day". She proceeded to tell him about Encounter and he was like yep that's it, God's got huge plans.
Praise the Lord! Man that was just such a huge encouragement to me. To know that in the midst of all the planning we are still following God down this road and that all of this work isn't in vain or self-interest. I'm so stoked.