Friday, December 06, 2002

sooooooo..yesterday was pretty much the best mail day of my life. God's timing is not only perfect, but quite funny.
Dad brought in the mail and said there's a package here from the Austrailian Consulate and Travel Team. That's right, not only did I get my visa yesterday (YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I got my tickets too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seriously a bit overwhelmed by it all. And can I just add that God is so incredibly faithful. Like I know it's so easy to say right now, and I know that I have doubted...but man when God tells you He's gonna do something..He doesn't lie. AND (yes it gets better) not only does God come through as promised, but He comes through with unexpected abundance! Not even joking. My visa is good until Jan 15 2005. (exactly 2 years from the day I leave here) which was unexpected, AND I found out that Air Canada is part of the Star Alliance which is what Singapore Air is a part of which I have a bunch of miles from, from flying to Japan. Racking up the frequent fliers baby! I'm tell you it's totally more than I ever asked or imagined. It's so humbling to know that not only has God made happen what I couldn't, but He's made MORE things happen that I couldn't have even thought to have asked for. He's a good God I tell ya!
So, I am not doubting that God is going to provide for my in Sydney (job, money, time, sleep, etc.) I'm humbly expecting it, cause I know that He has told me He will provide and I'm pretty sure it's in James where it says "He who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed about by the wind. He is a double minded man and should not expect ANYTHING from God". wow. that's my translation btw. God be glorified through it all.

Subject change.

Someone in Nashville needs to be shot in the foot for RUINING a perfectly good Jen Knapp song. You know the song "sing mary sing". well apparently the crap christian radio stations wanted to pawn it off as a "christmas song" (yes I know it's about mary and baby Jesus and all that...but does that HAVE to make it a christmas song? can we only sing about the amazing birth of Christ in December?) So in order to make it sound "christmasy" they added the most horrible sounding synthisized bell riff in the chorus. It sounds so out of place it's not even funny. Like it seriously sounds like somebody took a $50 keyboard from toys 'r' us and said "well this sound is christmasy". It was a great song to begin with! Good job my friend, whoever you are, you have officially become a sell out. I hope your money makes you happy, cause listening to that song you ruined sure isn't going to.