Sunday, November 23, 2003

ok so I was thinking about it and for those of you who have read or are reading "Waking the Dead" by John Eldrege, found at your local book store, here is some personal proof that we have been born into a world at war. (As if you needed any. I think it's more for personal, cathartic purposes to be honest.)
In the past 4 weeks:
- I found out my dad had to have open heart surgery resulting with me being in America within a very bizzare 48 hour period.
- I accompanied a close friend to an MRI...her second because the doctors can't figure out what the hell is wrong
- My 2 year old cousin was in the hospital for 3 days with a 106 temperature. He refused to drink for some reason, and was so dehydrated that the doctors had to squeeze the blood out of his veins to do blood work.
- My emotional basketcase mother randomly sliced her knee open on the licence plate of her car. What the...
- My uncle, the father of the dehydrated cousin, lost his mom WHILE his son was in the hospital, due to a heart attack that had NO symptoms.
- My grandmother broke out in shingles due to the stress of it all.
- My dad was readmitted to the hospital for a weekend, while my brother came down with a mysterious 24 hour "bug", leaving my emotional basketcase mother to drop me off at the airport by herself.
- On the way back home to Sydney, I nearly missed both of my flights.

Add your personal stories if you wish. Though I'm sure if we all shared them all we'd probably completely overload the entire internet. We are IN a world at war. I've read the end of the book, and we win but we can't stop fighting. Souls are in the balance.