Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Tell me if this is weird. This morning I'm lying in bed reading "Watchman Prayer" by Dutch Sheets. (Which I highly recommend...very funny...very insightful) He was talking about listening to God in prayer not just going blaaaaaaaaaah with all of your requests. Especially when it comes to prophetic prayer and intercession to take time and slowly listen for what it is He wants you to pray for. So I'm like yeah ok, I do that quite often, but I dunno things have been weird and I haven't been spending a lot of time in prayer so I'm like ok God I'm listening tell me who, what, where, when, why and I'll start going. So God dropped two people on my heart with specific things to pray for both. One was my dad, one was a person from my church in Mesa. I was kind of surprised about the second one because, I dont know, it just seemed random especially since this is the second time this week I've felt like I needed to pray for them. I haven't heard from them once since I've been here. Not a hi, hello, I'm alive, glad you're alive... all year and though we weren't like super friends I did work pretty closly with them on church stuff. Anyway so I'm like ok I have no idea what's going on in this persons life...well not no idea I have good informants that keep me up to date....so you are definitely going to have to lead me how to pray God. And he did. Then I went back to sleep for about another hour. ha. That has nothing to do with it just thought you'd like to know. SO I get up and turn on my computer, checkmy email as per usual and sitting in my inbox is an email from this person I was just praying for. Does that seem weird to anyone else? It seems kind of weird to me, at least a confirmation that I was on the right track. And the email was surprisingly vulnerable considering our lack of communication. I dont know. I'm glad that God knows cause I'm just like, what the heck do I do with this. Keep watching and praying I guess.