Friday, February 27, 2004

More "Passion" talk. Sorry if it seems like I'm getting caught up in the hype. I don't think I am, at least I hope I'm not. ANd I hope it doesn't come across that way. It's just an unavoidable subject right now, and especially after you've seen the movie.

I don't know if it was a conscious or subconscious descision that lead to me pulling out the best Jennifer Knapp cd of all time today or not, but however it came about to end up in my cd player it wasn't an accident. I know a lot of people are using The Passion as an evangelistic tool. I personally don't think Mr. Gibson intended for it to be so. I could be wrong. But if anyone wants to used something to make a connection between the "what" of the crucifixtion shown in the movie and the "why" of the crucifixtion, which is really the point anyway, Knapp's "The Way I Am" album bridges that gap beautifully. I haven't listened to the album in ages, and had forgotten how much it centers on the imagery of the cross, but also on the forgiveness, grace, mercy, and love that come from it. Even if you're a christian, I"d suggest busting out this cd, or buying it if you don't have it after seeing the movie. IT really just ties it together well, and brings your focus back into line. It's not about the blood and gore and violence. It's not. And right now I could go off on a very long and heated tangent about how sick I am of people in the media portraying it as such, because their just straight wrong, but I won't. It really makes you realize the power of the Holy Spirit at work, and the power of the enemy at work. There is a reason why some people have reacted so intensly against this movie, and also a reason why it's been given two thumbs up. Some people are ready for this movie, spiritually speaking, and others aren't. I have no doubt that for some people it will be the thing that pushes them to take that final step of faith and put their trust in Christ. For others it will push them further away.

And now I need to go get ready. I'm going out to lunch with people I don't know. Should be fun. Anyone want to make a bet about where our discussions will lead? Come on I really need the money, anyone up for somegambling? I put one dollar down, and set the odds at a million to one we will talk about "the movie". Now, if I am correct whoever has read this has to give me a million dollars. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. My blog, my rules. =)