Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Boys Don't Cry


You sit there on the couch
Sipping your scotch and ice
You turn the TV on
And tune me out again

So what would you say to me
If you could talk to me
You could ask anything
I wouldn't lie
But you're okay with this
Damaging awkwardness
So I'll just play it safe
And keep it inside
'Cause boys don't cry

I used to hold your hand
So tight there was no question
But now even when you're near
I've never felt so alone

If you just stand beside me
I'll keep you in my life
Tell me how much you love me
And I'll be just fine
Don't be afraid of me


This song just seems appropriate on so many levels right now. I was listening to it today and was just like wow, if I was a brilliant as Tiffany Arbuckle I could write this song right now. Also Rita Springer's song "No Eye Has Ever Seen" from the Effortless cd has been really influencial right now. Unfortunately I can't find the lyrics for it and the cd is in my car and I can't be bothered to go out there and get it. And of course right now I'm listening to Jennifer Knapp. And earlier it was Delerious. I've been really restless with my music lately. A couple weeks ago I was only listening to like two cds repeatedly and now I can't listen to the same thing twice. And poor Sara Groves who was in a regular rotation has been kicked to the curb for quite sometime. She'll come back soon though. She's got a new cd coming out. I'd really like that if anyone wants to buy it for me. ha. I don't know why I said that. This has become like diarreah of the mouth. Which I find very theraputic at times. I could a couple rolls of film that I devleoped back today. I was afraid to look at them because I've been doing so well the past couple days I was afraid it'd send me back to wherever the hell I just came from. But instead I just laughed a lot. I think mostly at Brianna cause she was in lots of pictures and I talked to her last night and seriously had to stop her from telling me about how great sex is. I'm sure it is, I just don't want to hear about it from her. Actually not that I don't want to hear about it, it's the mentals ya know. It's like I know these people and I just don't want to think about it. Anyway, I'm about to do some hard core scanning of the pictures and hopefully create another free thing at picturetrail since my old one just lapsed. So when that happens I'll put a link up in here.
Latahs