Monday, March 01, 2004

Where the Love Lasts Forever
by Joel Houston

Your mercy found me
Upon a broken road
Lifted me beyond my failings

Into your glory
My sin and shame dissolved
And now forever yours I"ll stand

In love, never to end
To call you more than Lord
Glorious Friend

So I"ll throw my life upon all that you are
Cause I know you gave it all for me
And when all else fades my soul will dance
With you, where the love lasts forever

And forever I will sing
Lord forever I will sing
Of how you have your life away
Just to save me, Lord you saved me

So I'll throw my life upon all that you are
Cause I know you gave it all for me
ANd when all else fades my soul will dance
With you, where the love lasts forever



How do you justify the truth, and beauty of this song with the ugliness of an untimely death. This weekend a kid that has grown up at my church in AZ was found dead in his bed. Cause of death still unknown. How is that merciful? How is that loving? And how can people say stupid things like, "Well it must have been God's will/timing". Thankfully I haven't heard anyone say that, but it presents a good arguement against the people who use that lame excuse for other crap that happens in life. News flash: Not everything that happens on this planet is God's will. That's why Jesus had to teach us to pray things like "Your will be done on EARTH as it is in HEAVEN". Obviously all the beings that were created to chill in heaven have got something up on us in that God's will is done in Heaven. Except for the whole Satan rebellion thing, which I really don't know how to explain. But let's just work on the assumption that since all that happened God's will has been done in heaven, tha's why we have the contrasting Earth and Heaven. One place, God's will is not always done, one place it is. That's why we have to PRAY people! Get on your knees, get on your feet, get on your face, I don't care what posture you choose, I personally like to pray while I'm out on walks. But for our sake, for eternity's sake, for the lost's sake, get PRAYING! If you don't know where to start, start with yourself we always have things we need prayer for personally. ANd then ask the Holy Spirit to bring people, nations, issues, churches into your prayers. I'm done ranting, and I'm going to actually go start doing. There's a war going on people. You're in it whether you like it or not. Ignorance does not make you exempt. And you're either on one side or the other. It's the ultimate Good versus evil plot. Real lives are at stake. Start fighting, not against eachother, but against the stuff that's happening in the spiritual realms. And the only way you can fight a spiritual war is with spiritual weapons.