Friday, April 02, 2004

Here's the thing people. When I say stuff in here, it's almost always tounge-in-cheek. I know you know that. I love Sara Goves' new album. I loved it from the first time I listened to it. I could tell it was good stuff. Just not what I'm used to or expected. I haven't stopped listening to it, and it's awesome. You should get it. The other thing is, that this is generally the primary outlet for my ranting, so when I run to my blog to unload it's usually at the peak of passionate, irrational opionion. That's the beauty of this thing. I can be crazy, stupid, unfounded, and no one has to know about it. I can process my thoughts, opinions and beliefes here so that when I enter the real world I'm a bit more stable. blah blah blah.

I would also like to say that I'm so thankful that two of my best friends, who shall remain annonymous, feel they have the right to tell me off whenever they feel like it. It's a really good thing and I'm seriously thankful for that. Sometimes I'm not cause I'm like shut up already, but in the long run I'd rather have that open communication than fake friendship. Seriously, I've got cool friends. Unfortunately, none of them live within driving distance. ha. Or starbucks distance. Imagine if we started measuring distance by the number of starbucks' between here and there. I think I might start that. Anyway, to you two thanks for shutting me down, some day I will reciprocate the favor. I just don't like being mean. =) TOUNGE-IN-CHEEK!

I would also like to say if you're Australian and you emailed me at 4am I miss you and I'm sorry we couldn't chat cause I'm bored too.

I would also like to say if you're Australian and your name is Al and you live in Avalon and you said many weeks ago that you had a present for me, that you need to send it already. Oh, and an email would be nice too. geez. It's like pulling teeth people. Not that I've ever pulled teeth...well I guess my own when I was a kid.

I would also like to say that I'm giving up swearing. *gasp* I know. Well I can't run anymore, or justify, God's got me in a corner. That and I'm living in the Bible belt. I guess the big epiphony was yesterday when I got ran off the freeway by a big rig (seriously, that happened) and a lovely combination of 4 letter words came flowing out. I didn't like that. So I'm giving it up. Slowly but surely.

I would also like to say that the past two nights in a row people have called me right as I had kinda sliped into dreamland and I thought it was the alarm on my cell phone going off so I hung up on them then called them back in a sleepy stupor. Two nights in a row. I'm sorry I've been going to be so early, but you would too if you had to wake up at 5:30 for an hour long commute.

I would also like to say that you should get a new cd by a guy called Michael Gungor. I think he was reviewed or mentioned on relevant, or grassroots or somewhere. But I heard about him and got his cd for $1 the other day along with Sara, and he's REALLY good. As far as I can come up with if you put John Mayer, David Crowder Band, and Jeff Deyo into a blender, gave it a good whirl, you'd get Michael Gungor. Good stuff. Some of the guitar riffs are a bit too much of a straight Mayer rip off, but I still sit and marvel at the talent.

I would also like to say that I think I'm done here...work beckons. Fairwell.