Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I just told a really fat lie. To make things worse, I've been thinking about this lie since yesterday. However, I think it's one of those situations where it's ok. I'm at a new job for a few days this week, and there's the guy that's kind of overseeing me and stuff. And he's one of those people that when you meet you just click with right away and feel like you've known them for a super long time. Same sense of humor, etc. Well THAT guy yesterday asked me if I had plans for lunch today and being innocent and naieve I said "no"...cause I didn't. I tell the truth. Except for right now. So then he said maybe we could get some lunch together and I was like "ok"...still being true to my blonde roots. WELL...a few minutes later I thought...wait a second...I'm not getting in a car with a person I just met, i know nothing about, and is probably at least 10 years older than me. Even if they are funny and pretty good looking. So then I started thinking of excuses...oh wait, I have none. So then I started comming up with lies. Krystle suggested I should say I have to walk my dog. That would work, if I wouldn't have told the guy I live in Mesquite which is like 30 minutes in no traffic. So then we (krys and I) thought of the boyfriend route. As much as I like the thought of that lie, I don't think I could pull it off convincingly cause that's just a little bit too much of a stretch. So then later yesterday evening I settle on having lunch with a friend in the area. (???) Which if you want to get technical is true, cause I'm going to be reading my Bible, and meeting with Jesus at lunch. I hope my lie was not too transparent. Oh the adventure of working temp.