Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Wow...props to Blogger on the new digs. Like always, it'll take some getting used to, but I think I'm going to like getting used to this. I also LOVE the new email-to-blogger feature. I will definitely be using that.

I've basicaly had a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head the past couple days, but haven't had a chance to get them out yet...so here goes.

A huge pet peeve of mine is when people think they've got all the answers. I hate that. Unfortuately it falls into that catagory of, "The things you hate in other people are things that are true about yourself." I act like I know what I'm talking about a lot of the time, and because I can be stubborn I don't like to back down. I"m learning though, and I think it's getting better. It really really bothers me though, when it comes to "gray" areas. Things that just can't be completely figured out in our humaness. I was watching Oprah today, and it was a show on transgender CHILDREN. Like little little kids that thought they were trapped in a body of the wrong sex. This one kid was born a girl, but always felt like a boy, and was suicidal at the age of 6 because she/he could be her/himself. The parents decided to let her/him start living as a boy and the depression lifted, suicidal thoughts were gone, and the "boy" blossomed as a person. I hated that my dad was watching this with me cause I know what he was thinking, and I know he thought he was right. Maybe he was, but I hate his attitude about stuff like that. There was some psychologist lady on the show that had all the scientific "facts" about what's going on with these kids and I'm sure she doesn't know what she's talking about either. The thing that bothered me the most was seeing the pain in the kids and parents eyes. You could tell they were suffereing. So I decided to blame it on the devil. He's a good out when you feel unjustice in a situation.
All the kids on the show, boys and girls said "My insides didn't match my outsides". Maybe they are possessed by a demon(s) that make them feel that way. I believe that's totally possible. Maybe it's the further consequences of thousands of years of sin being built upon sin. The generations are suffering. I mean if these kids were older I would blame it on the media, but when a four year old boy says he wishes his testicles would fall off so he could be a girl...I'm pretty sure he didn't pick that up on Barney. (though you never know these days). Or maybe the scientific stuff the "psycho" lady was saying is true. I personally have always struggled with the thought of people being born contrary to how God created man and woman (ex. People being "born" gay). But hello, we've kind of strayed a long ways from the Garden of Eden. Maybe people are being born with the problems as I said before, as a result of our sinful nature. I just don't think this is something we will ever be able to come to factual conclusions on. It's beyond us. We don't like to accept that not everything can be explained.


I was thinking today about hip-hop. I really like hip-hop. I love Outkast. I LOVE Alicia Keys. Missy, Kellis... I love Usher and Beyonce and Jean Paul. (Side note: Snoop was hilarious on SNL last weekend. He said white people need to stop saying "fo shizzle my nizzle" and go back to pig latin or some "white" language). But here's the exception to my love. I hate how allllllllllllllll hip-hop songs are about sex. Is it just me, or is there alot more to talk about in life than doing it? Or how hot a girl is, or how crazy a guy makes you, or how they all want to get on you. I mean even songs that are awesome like the new Outkast single "Roses" is about a girl. If you have any connection to the hip-hop industry no matter how big or small, I have a message and would be stoked if you could pass it on... "GET SOME NEW MATERIAL". Sex is played out. There is no shock factor, goodonya if you got 50 girls in one night (not really), I"m sorry your boyfriend left you...again, but freakin heck. I don't even care what people start rapping about as long as it is new. Politics, rain forests, what happened to the ghetto and shooting police? Let's go back to Coolio and "Gangstas Paradise" or Beastie Boys and "You gotta fight..." Someone could start writing about the unjustice that's been happeneing on American Idol this season and how apparently america has all gone deaf. Well I guess a song wouldn't really help if we're all deaf. But seriously AMERICA...YOU ARE VOTING OUT THE BEST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??????? That's all I'm asking. Let's start branching out with our rhymes. I'll do my part if you do yours. word.

um, well I honestly had a few more subjects that I thought I needed to rant about, but they have all escaped me. Which is probably good for you. It also means I"ll probably be back tomorrow. Pray that I get called into work though...seriously.

Seacrest...Out.