Saturday, May 15, 2004

Your best friends are always your harshest critics. Apparently L didn't read my new and improved blog description. Whatev.

A couple weeks ago I found out that one of the drummers at my dad's church has a recording studio in his home. I haven't seen him for a few weeks, but the next time I do I'm going to approach him about it cause I'd really like to get some stuff down. Mostly just for myself, for the experience, and for any interested friends. But the thought of being able to record has prompted me to get my butt in gear and work on some of my stuff. The frustrating thing is that I left a bunch of my journals back in Mesa, which have a lot of lyrics in them. (Hey, could you bring me the yellow, collage, australian journal? Thanks.) So I kind of have limited resources. My current journal has a couple potentially workable lyrics, and one new one that...well...I don't know if I love it or hate it. The other frustrating thing is that recently I've been playing with a lot of new progressions and tunings and rythms and stuff, which is fun, but I have no worrrrrrds. So I decided I needed to write, but everything is comming out really depressing right now. Which is weird, cause I think I'm definitely feeling better now than I have for a couple months. Maybe it's delayed reaction? I dunno. The other weird thing is that I"ve been playing piano a lot more than guitar recently. I would love to record a song that is primarily accompanied by piano, but again, it's all coming out sounding like a less perverted version of Alanis Morisette. Actually if that was the truth, I'd probably be really happy, cause I love her honesty, and I'm glad her new cd is more "happy", or that she's at least gotten to that place in her life. I wish she found her happiness in Jesus instead of Buddah tho. Anyway, I'm gonna post some lyrics. I really wish I could post sound cause lyrics can be crap with out the music. For those who care it's in 3/4 and the basic progression is D/B D/A D/F# G(w/o the B) but it's um, kind of muted and picking so it's not just like strumming and stuff and then the chorus has more of a 6/8 feel. Or 3/4 held over 2 measures. Cause it would be kind of dumb to make a time sig. change from 3/4 to 6/8. Although I'm sure krys can correct me on that somehow. (Um, that sounds a little bitter, but it's TOTALLY not. Honest.)
I hate trying to explain how something sounds. Hence recording. blah blah.

Nothing to say
Nothing to hide
Nothing to lose
Nothing to fight

I'm standing here open
I'm standing here wanting to change
I'm standing here needing to know you
I'm standing here calling your name

Take my nothingness
Make it something beautiful for you
Take my nakedness
Clothe me.................(still working on that)

Feeling like quitting
Feeling like I'm far away
Feelings deceive me
Feelings will soon fade away

Take my nothingness
Make it something beautiful for you
Take my nakedness
Clothe me.................(still working on that)

Take my lonliness
Replace it with your presence
Take my life away
.............................(that's still blank too)