Saturday, July 17, 2004

I went to tower records today to buy the new Jamie Cullum cd.  I've been wanting it for ages, and they have it on sale for $8.99 this week.  I highly recommend it.  He's kind of a British male version of Norah Jones, with a Harry Conick Jr. twist thrown in.  Really good stuff.  Amazing voice.  And all recorded in analog.  If you care.  I also got Stephen Duloiasdjopaien  cd called Me Died Blue...I've ben wanting that for ages.  And that's not really his last name, but it's close.  He's the former lead singer of Burlap to Cashmere.  I would also highly recommend this cd.
 
I would also highly recommend that you go visit http://www.betterguitar.com.  This guy has an amazing guitar curriculum, and it's all free.  And I'm ripping it all off for my students.   I'll probably make some modifications here and there, but seriously, it's really good and really thourough.  He's got an awesome series on Improvisation if you're like me and past the basics, and yet not genius enough to figure the cool stuff out by yourself.  But yeah at least go to his website since I'm taking all his stuff.  ha.  Not taking credity for it though.  I left the copyrights on there.  But seriously, why reinvent the wheel???  I mean really.