Thursday, November 11, 2004

This is in reply to L's comment cause I think this will be too long to leave in a comment.

So just for general knowledge, our church just bought some property that is adjacent to where we currently are. The property has 2 living units (small houses, apartments, whatev) and a storage unit already built on it. Now that we have acquired such a prime piece of property, the dilema we have is deciding what to do with it.

People like L, who are too spiritual for their own good (that's a joke) want to turn it into some kind of crisis care, blah blah blah place. That's nice. I however, disagree. Well kind of.
I think that would be a good thing to do with the place, and I won't be disappointed if that's something that ends up happening, BUT considering the location of it and everything I would much, MUCH rather see it become some sort of community center or something. Afterschool programs for kids, tutoring, classes for parents, turn it into a cafe/music/artsy fartsy place for friday/saturday night. I'm thinking multipurpose. But definitely a place to serve and reach out and make the community feel welcome. There are so many apartment/townhouse complexes within walking distance, and especially considering the bus depot going in across the street I think this would be a much better use of the space. I'm going to get on that committee damn it.

In other news, I went to IKEA today. This may not seem like a big deal, but it's the first IKEA in AZ and it opened yesterday. Today is a holiday, and the place was a freaking ridiculous mad house. Lots of fun though. I'm kind of exhausted now though. I love being in crowds, but they do wear me out quickly. And now I'm going to a sale at a boutique store owned by a couple ladies at my church, and then to prayer. I'm going to need prayer.

I think I'm going to write a book on how to continue to be a good friend when your best friend gets a boyfriend. How is that for a title. Actually I wish that book was already out there. I'd go buy it.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to cop it as a music major. I decided this afternoon on the drive home from IKEA to switch majors and go to Southwestern and do Christian counseling. Seriously so much more usable. Well that's not the only reason, but anyway...then I realized that to really do anything as far as counseling goes you need a masters. Then I said hell no. Besides that I think I need more counseling than to be doing any right now.