Sunday, April 24, 2005

I'm pretty sure, if I really put my mind to it, and had all the time in the world, I could write a book about the people you run into at Wal-Mart on a Saturday. Today is Saturday (well, I guess it was Saturday now) and I was in Wal-Mart. Not once, but twice. Not even the same Wal-Mart at that. I mostly shop at Wal-Mart because it's cheap, and I'm poor. I don't necessarily like the place. Although, if I was rich I'd probably still shop there because you gotta make your dollar go as far as possible. Actually, maybe if I was rich I would do some real research on how Wal-Mart treats their employees, where all of their merchandise now comes from since it is no longer all made in America, and why everything ends in 97 cents, and then if I didn't like what I found, or discovered that there are similar stores that are doing a better job of these things, but their generic brand Aleve is 30 cents more than Wal-Mart's generic brand Aleve, I might stop shopping at Wal-Mart.
Until then, I don't have time to conduct the necessary research, and most of the other information out there on the store is really more opinion and bias than fact, so I will continue oppressing my fellow American, or my fellow human being of another race so I can save 30 cents on Aleve. Did I mention I'm poor?

Anyway, the reason I was at the devil store twice today was because I had a bit of a hair emergency today. The first time I was there was to deposit a couple checks at the branch of my credit union that is there, pick up some cereal, hair spray, and be on my way. Well while I was getting my hairspray I remembered that I needed to die my hair because it is gray, but I thought I would go for a more subtle look strait away and do highlights. Now there were many flaws in my thinking, mostly having to do with over estimating my skill and ability to give myself decent looking highlights. I would like to be able to blame the lame hair color company entirely for selling me a product that doesn't work like it says it will at all, but I know I'm a tom boy and the reason Jesus gave me curly hair is because it styles itself and I wouldn't know what to do with regular hair....to be continued.