Sunday, April 24, 2005

Wow, I was definitely falling asleep at the end of that post. I'm kind of tired right now, so who knows how this will turn out.

So I did the highlights, right? Only it looked like I had Michael Jackson's disease and that random blotches of my hair were loosing their pigmentation. Not cool. Actually, not only was it not cool, it just looked horrible. So, in the middle of all this L, called and I told her what I was doing, and while she laughed at me, also said she wanted to hang out and that I should call her after I'm done. So I called her back after the blotches appeared and told her I wasn't going anywhere until the hair was fixed and she said she would help me if I went over there. We decided after some thought to go to my aunts house and die my hair again, but this time just to do the whole thing and hopefully get rid of the spots. This was also partially fueled by the fact that I knew I was going to have to go into a store to by hair dye and I didn't want to go into a store by my house where I might run into someone I know, so I figured we could go to a store by my aunts house in phoenix and be pretty safe.
Back to Wal-Mart I go. Only this time it's incredibly ghetto and scary Wal-Mart, and Liene asks if we can please find another one because she fears for her safety. This is where the bit about the people at Wal-mart on a Saturday comes in. There's a huge difference b/w the people at Wal-mart in the upscale suburbs of Mesa and those in central phoenix.
So we got a color that looked close to my natural color, but a bit darker to make sure it covered the leprosy spots. Once we get to my aunts house Liene chickens out and claims that what she meant by "help" me was to cheer me on as I did my hair by myself. I finally convinced her that she would not ruin my hair and that I trusted her. In the end, my hair turned out ok. It's a bit darker, and a bit redder than I expected, but at least I don't look like a retard.

After we went out to dinner with my aunt, uncle, and cousin we watched Sideways. A movie I would not reccomend to anyone, ever, for any reason. It's horrible, and I'm kind of sorry that I sat through the whole thing myself.

And that is my story about going to Wal-Mart twice on a Saturday, and my warning to never buy highlights in a box.