Sunday, July 24, 2005

ok, I'm just going to go a bit crazy right now because I haven't really had the chance to do so for the past couple weeks.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to be heading to Latitude. Oh my gosh. I can't wait. Well I guess I can, because I'll have to wait a few more weeks, but I am super excited. I never thought I'd be leaving Trinity, I never thought it would be now, and I never thought it would happen in such a condensed time span. But oh man am I freaking stoked. I went to my first service there this morning...kind of. I had to leave early to get back to Trinity before their service got out, but I'm telling you this place is home. It feels like home. I caught in on the last few minutes of Trinity's service and I was like...how have I been here this whole time? It's so not me. I mean I really am glad for my time there, but how glad am I that God is moving me on! And not just that He is telling me to leave Trinity, but I am able to leave well because He has opened wide the doors for me at Latitude.
So then I went to their youth group tonight. Which I thought would be awkward but wow, it wasn't. I have never met high schoolers that were so welcoming and so like went out of their way to bring a new person into the group. Very cool. It's kind of funny because numbers wise they are kinda smallish, like 250 in the church and about 25 in the youth group. But they do everything on a grand scale. Or maybe just with excellance. The kind of excellance you'd expect from a church of 2500, not 250. It's awesome. And I'm excited. And I"m really having a hard time at this point being sensative to the fact that God is not telling everyone to join me at this church. I was talking to one of my students tonight after I had been at the youth thing, and kept wanting to say, "It's so awesome, you would love it, you should come". Because , I know this girl especially, WOULD love it, and honestly... I don't know, at some point I may encourage her to come to a service or something. The funny thing is going to be living in America and going to a charasmatic church. That sounds weird, but I guess I'm thinking specifically in terms of like conversations that will happen with my family. For whatever reason it seemed more ok for me to go do my crazy thing at crazy churches over seas, but I think it might play out a bit different here. And the truth is, it's kind of weird for me. Not bad weird. More like a, I haven't regularly attended a "Spirit-filled" church in two years kind of weird. It'll just take a couple weeks to get back in that groove. I don't know. There's just something kind of funny about it to me. Maybe it shouldn't be. But if you would have told me 5 years ago that I would become a tongue speaking, prophecy beliving, jumping kinda christian... I probably would have told you that those people were of the devil or something and I never would go there. Well maybe not 5 years ago, maybe 7 years ago. Sometimes I forget how old I am. Although I did have some of the kids tonight guess that I was 19. They are already on the favored list.

I feel like I just said a whole lot of nothing.