Saturday, December 31, 2005

I have been a crazy mad songwriter today. I love days like today. All this creativity, and all these ideas have been pent up inside me, building up for weeks now because I just haven't had time to sit down and work them out. I've been waiting for today for a long time. Except for a somewhat lengthy intermission to watch The Notebook (it inspires me ok. I could seriously watch that movie a million times and still love it.) It's such an awesome feeling though when stuff just pours out of you and you can see songs come together. I spent most of my time finishing up fragments of songs that have been running around in my head for a while now. I actually ended up using bits from two different songs that just weren't working, to create one song that is just fantastic. At least in my humble opinion. I really wanted to solidify some things because this Friday Marianne, Kari and I think a couple other people and myself are getting together to workshop some of our new songs. I'm SO excited. This is my dream. I'm also a tad nervous because I think I could count on one hand the number of people that have ever heard something I've written. Well maybe two hands now that I think about it.

I think I accidently wrote a sappy, country love song after watching The Notebook. So maybe it doesn't inspire me for the better, but it inspires nonetheless. It was cathartic. I'm not sure why. I don't really do sappy, and I definitely don't do country, but it felt really good.

So tomorrow is 2006. Today...well really yesterday...is the 2 year anniversary of the "Splash Heard Round the World". In English, it's the 2 year anniversary of my mobile commiting suicide by jumping into the Sydney Habour, which oddly enough, was the final confirmation that I was to leave my beloved adopted home land. Normally, I would celebrate this anniversary by drowing my sorrows with alchohol, but I'm actually going to a "dry" party tonight. Should be fun.

Happy New Year everyonee.